Bobcaygeon Soap Box Derby
Saturday June 1, 2013 on Bolton Street
(part of the “Unlock the Summer Event”)
KIDS 6-14 YRS OLD NEEDED – SOAP BOX CARS PROVIDED FREE!
(We only ask for a $1 donation to help maintain the cars for next year’s race.)
The Soap Box Derby is a 2-kid team race with soap box cars. One kid pushes the car while the other steers it to the end of the track. Then they turn the car around,
switch positions and race back to the finish line.
And new this year … a prize will be awarded for the Best Decorated Helmet!
So KIDS … find a teammate and REGISTER
– Complete and return the Registration Form by Monday, May 27
to the school office or to Savoury’s (79 Bolton St.). One form per participant.
– Please specify your teammate’s name and age on your form.
(space may be limited so teams will be accepted in the order they are received)
Then show up on RACE DAY – Saturday June 1, 2013
Location: Bolton Street (in front of Savoury’s)
Time: 9:15am – 9:45am sign-in. All teams must be present at 9:45am for the pit meeting to be eligible to race. Racing begins at 10:00am.
Bring: Bike Helmet (decorated or not), $1 Donation, and your Teammate!
Rain Location: Bobcaygeon Curling Club – same time, same rules, same fun!
Practice Day at BPS: Thursday, May 30th at 2:00 pm.
Still have questions? Call 738-6566.
Rules & Regulations
1. All competitors must submit their registration/waiver form to the Bobcaygeon Public School office or to Savoury’s (79 Bolton St.) by May 27th, 2013 and must sign-in at the track on Bolton Street between 9:15am and 9:45am on Saturday, June 1, 2013.
2. No competitor will be able to participate until a waiver is signed by a parent or legal guardian.
3. Racing will start at 10:00am. Since there is no set racing schedule, all racers are encouraged to cheer on competitors in other categories before and after their race time.
4. Cars will be provided and shared by all participants.
5. Teams must wear their racing bands at all times. This wrist band will be supplied to competitors when they sign-in.
6. All cars will have working brakes and limited steering. All racers will be required to do pit training to learn to operate the cars safely before racing. Mandatory pit meeting is at 9:45am.
7. 2 – 3 cars will race at one time.
8. Pushers must not push past the stop line.
9. When cars are not racing, they must be parked in the designated area.
10. All judges’ rulings are final.
11. Helmets must be worn by all participants while racing.
Save this sheet for the fridge!