DDES Track and Field Day
Tuesday, June 10th
DDES will be running its always successful and popular school Track and Field Day on Tuesday, June 10th. If you follow the DDES Facebook Calendar closely, you have probably noticed that the date has changed a couple of times. We had to move it from its original date of Friday, May 23 and its second date of Monday, June 9th because of conflicts with other school/board events.
DDES’ Track and Field Day is all about PARTICIPATION. Records are NOT kept in terms of the fastest runner/longest Long Jump/Triple Jump from year to year. We want students to get outside and be active and be less concerned about who is the “best.” This is a GREAT way to organize a Track and Field Day because students get to participate for fun. Yes, there are ribbons given out for the top participants at each event; however, school records are not kept or posted from year to year.
LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS!
– DDES is always looking for adult volunteers to help out for the day.
– volunteers are VERY IMPORTANT as we need extra adults to help run stations and record stations.
– if you have a criminal record completed and are able to help out (even for part of the day), PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE AND SPEAK WITH MS. POWER
TRACK AND FIELD DAY RUNS THE ENTIRE DAY
– both the track events and field events running at the same time.
– students are organized by boys and girls
– students are organized by age group (and compete against only students in his/her age group)
WHAT TO BRING THAT DAY?
– extra water/water bottles
– proper gym clothing
– dress for the weather (while it is taking place in June, the weather can be cool)
– a hat
We are looking forward to the day!