DDES’ Weekly Character Ed Quote and Daily Discussion Point
(The quote and discussion point are read over the announcements each morning. You can always discuss with your daughter or son at home, as well, to reinforce the message!)
Character Trait: Respect
WEEKLY QUOTE: “BE THE PERSON YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE AS A FRIEND.”— Unknown
• Monday: This quote is a PERFECT way to sum up the monthly character trait of RESPECT! This is a perfect way to begin a class discussion!
• Tuesday: Think of the qualities that you would want in a friend: someone who will treat you well, someone who would stick up for you (in a good way) and someone who would help you out when you are in need. Are there qualities that you would want in a friend?
• Wednesday: Yesterday we talked about the qualities that you would want in a friend. Now the question is: do you show these qualities to your friends?
• Thursday: Does this quote mean that your friend should always support you? Maybe not! Would you support someone who was hurting others? Would you support someone who was saying mean things about others? I would hope not! So, being a friend is more than just blindly supporting others.
• Friday: The question is – how have you been a friend to others this week? How can you be a better friend next week?